Big Picture Education Australia
Level 1, 5 Saywell St
Marrickville NSW, 2204, 3016
Viv White, Director
061 2 9590 5341
Big Picture Education Australia (BPEA) has made impressive progress in a short time. It has established a board, developed broad networks, opened schools, and developed strong relations with Big Picture Learning (BPL) USA. BPEA has developed accredited courses of training for teachers, designed communication and marketing collateral, and developed a three year strategic and business plan for growth including government and corporate funding strategies.
Big Picture Education Introduction Video
BPEA now supports six Big Picture schools, conversion schools, and Big Picture Inspired (BPI) schools (click here (http://www.bigpicture.org.au/schools/schools) to see all BPEA locations on a map of Australia). BPEA works closely with the schools to support their reform. Support includes visits, coaching, curriculum materials, professional development and small grants.
Australian Big Picture Schools:
- Jordan River Learning Federation, Tasmania
- Montrose Bay Big Picture, Tasmania
- Launceston City Campus
- Glebe Campus of Sydney Secondary College, NSW
- SMYL Community College
- Yule Brook College in Western Australia
Big Picture Inspired schools and conversion schools:
- Blue Gum Community School
- Canberra College in The Australian Capital Territory
- Childside School in Western Australia
- Claremont High School in Tasmania
- Croydon Community School in Victoria (conversion school)
- Enfield High School in South Australia
- Erindale Senior College in The Australian Capital Territory
- Manjimup Senior High School in Western Australia
- Ogilvie High School in Tasmania
- Prospect High in Tasmania
- St John’s Park High School in New South Wales
- Uniting Care Cutting Edge In Victoria
- Woodridge State High School in Queensland
- Yea High School in Victoria
- Silkwood School in Queensland
- Wanniasa School in The Australian Capital Territory
- Hunter Sports High in New South Wales
- Belmont High in New South Wales
- Reece High School in Tasmania
Changing Australian Education
BPEA has established a presence in the Australian education community, presenting widely to communities and schools, advising government and building the network of Big Picture Inspired schools. Universities and philanthropic organisations support Big Picture Education Australia.
In addition, Australian Murdoch University (WA), the Origin Foundation and BPEA are working with the US group to set up a longitudinal study into Big Picture principles and student outcomes. The study is starting with Yule Brook College and will produce planning and research tools for all schools.
Elliot Washor At our 2011 Conference – Making It Big
Become Part of the Movement
The Ten Distinguishers
Interested in becoming a mentor or volunteer at a Big Picture school? Don't see the position you are looking for and would like to be considered when a job becomes available? Fill out the appropriate interest form and your information will be sent directly to the schools of your choice.
The Delaware MET seeks a catalytic and forward-focused leader to serve as the founding principal a groundbreaking Big Picture Learning high school in Wilmington, Delaware. The leader of the MET will be in a position to create a meaningful learning environment where students are encouraged and enabled to discover and develop their own unique interests and passions, creating their own success through personalized learning and purposeful internships.