The Big Picture Learning network is built around the recognition that each child has unique interests, needs, and abilities. We believe that the key to achievement lies in fostering students’ individual interests and encouraging their active participation in the learning process. Because of our philosophical commitment to interest-generated, real-world, personalized learning, each Big Picture Learning school is connected to a greater whole - locally, nationally, and internationally. We invite you to join the movement.
For the first time ever, we invite schools and districts that share our passion for putting students at the center of their own learning to affiliate with our work. While we acknowledge that Big Picture Learning network affiliates may not initially be able to fully implement BPL’s core design features, it is expected that affiliates believe in our school design distinguishers
and believe in their power to make education more truly-student centered.
As a Big Picture Learning affiliate, you will have access to one of the most passionate, thoughtful, and supportive networks of educators working in the field of student-centered learning today; not to mention an organization in Big Picture Learning expressly committed to pushing the personalized-learning conversation to the front of the education policy debate. Additionally, you will receive:
- One complimentary registration (not including travel and lodging) to Big Bang - our annual international conference on student-centered learning;
- One complimentary registration (not including travel and lodging) to Big Picture Learning's annual Leadership Conference;
- One free visit for up to three school staff members to visit The Met (Big Picture Learning's flagship school) in Providence, RI, on one of five official school visit days, scheduled each school calendar year;
- Access to Big Picture Learning's 13 instructional guides;
- A remote coaching session with one of Big Picture Learning's Regional Directors and/or School Design Coaches; and
- Access to discounts Big Picture Learning has secured for its network and affiliate participants.
Further, as affiliate members of the Big Picture Learning network, your students will be able to benefit from regular in-network initiatives
sponsored by Big Picture Learning, such as the Delfeayo Marsalis Scholarship
and the Most Good You Can Do Challenge
The total cost to participate as a 2016-2017 Big Picture Learning network affiliate is $3,500
. 2016-2017 network affiliation lasts through June 30, 2017. Network affiliates in good standing may renew on an annual basis. If your school or district is interested in becoming a 2016-2017 affiliate, please reach out to us at your earliest convenience at email@example.com